soundboard

Kurt Eichenbach keichenbach@austin.rr.com
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:00:39 -0600

Sure, sounboards loose their crown as they get old, nobody can argue
with that.  But the whole soundboard fluctuates in its old age more
than a new board.  Wood shrinks and grows more in its old age.  Why
were wooden action parts replaced with plastic parts if wood got more
stable as it aged?

But I'm glad I asked this question and I'm glad to get answers.  With
regards to the tuning block, wow, you are so right.  I need to get my
tools and go hammer in some pins on an old vertical that I can think
of.  It's been a few years since I did anything but tuning so now my
cortex has been filled with other data and I need to retrieve the piano
technician stuff.

-Kurt