Speaking of "Toes of Steel"

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:29:16 -0400

Hi Terry,
Excellent advice.
I dropped a piano on my big toe, a few years ago, and broke the toe in 4 places.
I never did get myself, safety shoes, although, I intended to. I am just super careful now.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Farrell
  To: Pianotech
  Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 7:58 AM
  Subject: Speaking of "Toes of Steel"

  After having numerous close calls with heavy tools and 60-lb hunks of hard maple falling to the floor and narrowly missing my toes over the years, I finally broke down and bought my self a pair of steel-toe shop shoes. They are Red Wings. Very high quality shoes. I used to wear steel-toe Red Wing boots in my former life climbing trees and as a geologist drilling holes in the planet. Their durability and comfort were excellent. The pair I purchased for piano shop work are relatively light weight and look like a tennis shoe (or "sneaker"). They are as comfortable as any shoe I have ever had. I have little doubt these will provide good service for many, many years.

  Most of us that tune pianos recognize the value of hearing protection. Many of us that restring pianos recognize the value of eye protection. To those of us who are shop rats, I suggest there is great value in foot protection.

  Check it out:
  http://www.redwingshoes.com/shoe-zoom.cfm?style=6650

  Terry Farrell