training for retirement

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:38:13 -0800

Kurt said: "I guess the point is, once a person doesn't have to work anymore
it's
just slightly more difficult to find meaning in daily life.  Or reward,
or significance.  How is this regulated?"

Kurt,
If I may suggest, Don't Retire....Just slow down and enjoy your bounty.
Unless you have reached "critical mass" in you financial well-being,
retirement is not in the cards. From another angle: Most of my class mates,
that retired after 20-30 years in the "mill" are all DEAD! I think there is
a lesson to be learned in that.
For myself, I have given my family the following instructions: The day you
find me, nose down in a square grand, just shove me inside, close and seal
the lid and bury me in the damned thing.<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I