action centers

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:57:18 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

At 06:33 PM 1/14/2004, you wrote:
>Hi Philip, I agree on all the points you raised !
>
>Best regards - good method to use the hole as a reference by the way ,
>while I am unsure if measuring as is recommended (23mm) is not taking
>more in account the actual resistance of the flange during the move
>(torque) while measuring nearer the center exacerbate probably the
>start friction, is not it ? as the gram gauge have a max strength
>needle they keep in "memory" the highest number.

Maybe so.  I'll have to try checking some of the parts at different
distances from the centers to see if it has any effect on the consistency.

>I am not raising Renner parts higher than they should, just making the
>comments you gave answer to.
>
>Isaac

The quality of the parts themselves is good, but the pinning lately has
been disappointing.  I like to think that I could take some new parts out
of the box and put them on (after adjusting rep spring strength), but
perhaps that is unrealistic.  Or perhaps I'm being too picky and in the
real world the parts are fine as is.

Regards,

Phil Ford