Nomenclature? - was brass flange parts supplier?

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:54:30 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of JIMRPT@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 8:35 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Nomenclature? - was brass flange parts supplier?

In a message dated 15/01/04 8:04:21 AM, tomtuner@comcast.net writes:

<< Correct nomenclature would be very helpful. For example
hammers do not have pins. Hammer butt flanges have center pins. >>

Uhhh Tom...... In this case the hammer butt does have the pin and the
brass
flange does not. ;-)
Phil Jolly (sutherin Sakastoon)

	Ok Ok, Hammer Butt center pin.In my defense the guy said hammer
pin---no such thing !
	 When I get on the soap box I should be extra careful about my
own usage.
	My excuse? It's 2 degrees F.  , I had to get two kids on to two
different school buses, put a space heater in the crawl space under my
kitchen (the weather man says coldest temperatures in 50 years will be
arriving here in Mass.)Get the schmutz out of my hair from the
aforementioned crawl space AND deliver a sermon on nomenclature.
	We should all write a book! <G>
	Tom--shiverin' here in the Bay state --Driscoll