Hammer Felt Gluing

Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:37:17 +0100

Oh I hear you Terry, and understand poifectly well. I guess what I am
saying is that I am quite happy to pass such jobs over to others who get
more enjoyment out of working on them. And I am tickled pink to be in a
position where I can do just that. I get little or no reward anymore out
of working on instruments that are of such quality that a 600 dollar
investment for new hammers is not justified. To me... that kind of a
piano is something I am glad to avoid. Dont get me wrong... thats not
really meant as a put down for techs who work on them, or on the piano
itslef... its just that I dont enjoy working on them, and so I dont (as
long as fortune continues to smile on me).

I think most of us get to a point in our careers where we have worked up
a fairly good quality level clientell, and I also think most of us are
glad to get to that point.

And... I ALSO think that YOU will no doubt reach that same crossroads
before too many years go by. I gots lots of faith in you :)

Funny thing is... after getting up their in years ... past where I am
now... into retirement and beyond... seems like a lot of techs tend to
find a renewed appreciation for the little old lady and her Wurly down
the road. Must be some kinda twist on nostalgia or something.

Cheers
RicB