TuneLab Pro tuning curve

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:39:09 -0500 (EST)

Ron Koval wrote:
> I don't normally use TLPro, but I just checked the copy I have, and
> all of the sample files show the "working" curves as flat on both
> ends.  Is it possible that you played with one of them first, and then
> saved the file? Which one is looking weird to you? Just looking for
> the easy answer... Ron Koval Chicagoland

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I altered anything. I don't think I did, but
anything's possible. But I think you and others have answered my question:
Typically there really WOULDN'T be a reason to not have the extreme ends
flat. So if they're not flat, then either I have altered the files, or I
should update with the latest ones.

So it seems I should continue using the technique described in the manual.

I'm curious about how you'd do it in TuneLab 97. There are ways to
graphically alter the tuning curve, but there is no deviation curve to see
exactly how constant the intervals are. So how do you know what to do? I'm
sure the answer is: Get TuneLab Pro. I'll bet someone like RicB has an
answer for TuneLab 97...

Thanks,

Charles Neuman
PTG Assoc.