TuneLab Pro tuning curve

Robert Scott robert.scott@tunelab-world.com
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:24:56 -0500

Charles,

It seems you are right about the sample tuning files.  They were designed
several years ago.  Sometime after that (June 2001), the algorithm that
determines the best-fit inharmonicity function was modified.  This made
the Petrof sample look especially unlike the suggested shape of the
deviation curve, even when the default interval selections are used. I
will shortly update the samples that are packaged with TuneLab so that
they all conform to the suggested tuning curve adjustment technique.  I
will probably also include a split-scale sample too.  Thanks for pointing
this out.

Robert Scott
Real-Time Specialties