still going

Kurt Eichenbach keichenbach@austin.rr.com
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:39:32 -0600

Terry:

Yes certainly.  There isn't enough felt left for a filing/shaping job.
There was serious discussion about rebuilding the instrument, that
seemed like a smarter option than buying new.  Unfortunately, the
customer is now bankrupt.  So any suggestions anyone has to make the
pianists life easier are welcome.

The hammers toughen up very quickly, like in a few hours in fact.  I
wondered if the pianist who plays it could be taught to use meth/water
to soften the hammers prn (as needed).  I just don't know if that would
make the hammers worse more quickly.

Kurt