Mystery Steinway action (Modified by Kent Swafford)

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 07:06:20 -0500

At 5:28 PM -0800 1/15/04, Phillip Ford wrote:
>Here is an image of one of the drawings for patent 115782 which seems to
>be Bob Davis's mystery Steinway action.

I love it! Whereas Steinway allows access to the front of the two
rocker adjust screws, the back screw lies underneath rail I. I don't
suppose rachet offset screwdrivers existed back then. I can't
imaguine what else would get to that screw with the action in place.
Looks like the patent got applied for before anyone at the factory
discovered that you couldn't set a hammer line on this action.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"How could I not question Our Creator for putting this human
obscenity into the presence of such a divine creature"
     ...........John Goodman, the torn police detective in "One Night
at McCool's"