CA glue for pins

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:14:13 EST

<< The bass tuning pins are easily in

excess of 300 inch-pounds torque - I will not be surprised when I twist a

pin in half. And when they do turn, they jump, and the pitch will change

anywhere from 20 to 40 cents. Getting the pitch anywhere near target is a

crap-shoot. Any ideas beyond removing pin, reaming, and reinstalling? >>

Greetings,
  If you have one of the smaller palm-nailers, and there is room under the
block to use it, you can use it and a short length of steel rod in the tuning
pin holes under the pinblock.  Drive the pins upwards, then hammer back in to
the correct height.  Loosen the bass strings, first.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT