Heat - its pros and the obvious "con"

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 23:02:02 +0100

Hi Michael, I've heard this one before, it works generally (when I remind of
it in time !)

Best Regards.

Isaac OLEG

 Screws in general respond to the heat treatment. There's few things worse
than breaking off half a head from a slotted screw head deep down in the
action. Another old "Organ Builder's Tip" - Before trying to remove an old
screw, apply a TIGHTENING force to it. He maintained that the fibres of the
wood remember the direction the screw was last turning in. He may have
something there!
  TTFN
  Regards from darkest Sussex-on-Sea
  Michael G (UK)