tapered tuning pins

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:07:34 EST

In a message dated 1/19/2004 10:02:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,=20
tomtuner@comcast.net writes:

I=E2=80=99m all for experimenting here and will report my results, but any a=
dvice on=20
this will be appreciated.
            Tom Driscoll
           =20
P.S. Please refrain from the =E2=80=9Cwhy don=E2=80=99t you replace the bloc=
k =E2=80=9Cargument. The=20
piano plays well, stays in tune within reason, and will benefit from new bas=
s=20
strings in a home where the budget cannot consider a rebuild.
                   Tom
  If it ain't broke don't fix it. Although I dislike restringing in most old=
=20
blocks I second the suggestions made by the others. I reamed the block to th=
e=20
1876 Knabe were restringing with .280 bit& the results with no. 3 is very go=
od=20
& even. This was also an econo job but the block was also open faced & I=20
wasn't looking to replace it. Fortunately it was in very good shape & all wo=
rked=20
well. Also I'm grateful to know about the in between size pins. What a help=20
that is!
 =20
Dale Erwin
Erwins Piano Restorations