screwed up yamaha action rails

Alpha88x@aol.com Alpha88x@aol.com
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 06:28:04 EST

Greetings,

              I have found that reeeeely nursing the screw before beginning
to turn it in, "hunting", if you will, (in order "feel and seek" and insure the
absolutely correct previous helical path that the screw was in)  is the only
way to treat this. It's tedious but this "hunting" feel or technique is
obtained the more times you do it. It takes longer, at first, but thats the con of
an alumininininummm action rail. These rails are a pain for this reason.
(Actually, I don't see any pros for their use.)
              Anyways, if you should strip the thread, I have heard of having
to wrap teflon tape around the screw before replacing it again. Teflon tape
comes in various thicknesses, although I don't know what they are, or which
thickness to use for such an application.  I use the "nursing" method as
described above and never had to use tape, so far, knock on wood.

Julia,
Reading, PA