Coleman pure 5ths temperament

Wed, 21 Jan 2004 21:54:41 -0000

Hello Andrew
You said: "I was struck how bland it sounds"
I say: That depends on the piano! I used to tune up to 10 pianos a day =
for weeks and weeks - month in, month out. No two pianos sounded the =
same. All were at ET A=3D440. But... Ah!...then the S&S A thru to D =
always had then extra.... "je ne sais quoi" (excuse me Isaac!) about =
them which no other pianos could approach. They sing! They say... "come =
and play me!" ... so you do! Tell me, how does the M&H sound compared to =
the S&S? I've never even seen one...! You all talk about them!
Regards from black-as-ink-dark Sussex-on-Sea
Michael G (UK)