Steinway model B hammers

Piano Service piano_services@yahoo.ca
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:57:19 -0500 (EST)

Hi everybody,

I'm working at conservatory on a Steinway model B and  I have to change hammers, the customer ask me to put hammers that come from Germany because the piano sound too soft and too dull (even with several voicing...). What can I do with that? Install and retry with Renner Blue hammers? It is possible to have these "Germany hammers"? I Heard that Steinway Germany hammers are made by Renner but use Wurzen felt....
Thanks for any suggestions..!