worn ivory key tops

PatchWick@aol.com PatchWick@aol.com
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 23:00:45 EST

In a message dated 1/22/2004 3:05:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,=20
antares@euronet.nl writes:

> It is too much work and we usually can never do a PERFECT ivory job the=20
> way they did it then.
> When the ivories are in really bad shape, we opt for sending the=20
> complete set of keys to a professional, specialized in these things.
> Ivory is too expensive, but there beautiful plastics too, like on any=20
> new Steinway, B=F6sendorfer, Yamaha or Bechstein.
> Right?
>=20

That is actually one consession I got from the owner of the Ivers and Pond=20
I'm rebuilding: he is letting me do plastic key tops and fronts in return fo=
r=20
saving him a mountain of cash to repair/replace the bad and missing ivories!

So I agree:  RIGHT!!!!

will wickham