loose tuning pins / CA glue

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:00:25 +0100

Sorry folks to me that is one more of those Internet legend, too
different from real word of pianos for me !

Beside, CA, is not very resistive to many parameters, cold, chock,
etc.
And was said (to be verified) it turns brittle easily with time.

Nowadays if the holes in the pin block are oval, the product, locking
the fiber of the wood, does not help at all pin settling.

For cracked blocks I'd use plugs or new block, makes more sense from a
mechanical point of view.

If a customer have too little money to afford a decent piano, I will
not take the little he can give me into experimentation (plus the
fumes are not very appealing to me)

Changing the pins is the way to do the job, I actually never seen a
doped job that hold anywhere in time whatever the product used was.

And I never seen a CA gluing really holding in time also (unless for
electronics).

Isaac OLEG