Does the soundboard of a Bechstein grand from 1864 have crowning?

Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:25:45 -0000

Hello FLIszt & Terry F
Terry wrote: "Steinway NY doesn't know if their soundboards are crowned =
today. How do you expect Bechstein to know whether their soundboards =
were crowned 140 years ago? And I'm dead serious."
To which I can only say..... "Oh God! - we're alone....!"
Regards from a beautiful cloudless sunny day in Sussex-by-the-Sea - had =
a smattering of snow in the night though.
Michael G (UK)