soundboard age?

Andrew & Rebeca Anderson anrebe@zianet.com
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:16:15 -0700

Kurt,
What kind of a difference are you looking for?  Stabilizing climate will
stretch out tuning intervals by eliminating the up down humidity cycle.  If
the board is really (REALLY) dry it can affect resonance a little.
Is all the humidity cycling damage already done: cracked soundboard,
warped/brittle action, loose tuning pins etc.?
If you catch the piano at a healthy humidity when you install the DC you
should notice no difference.  If your climate is fairly humid year round
you will probably notice very little difference.

Andrew
Las Cruces, NM