Kavorkian who?

Sarah Fox sarah@gendernet.org
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:28:40 -0500

Hi Conrad, Isaac,

> Dr Kavorkian would not be too far out in the Netherlands, where such
things
> are legal, but in Michigan (and the rest of US),they frown on physician
> assisted suicide.

Yeah, for a medical system we so proudly hail as the best in the world (...
but don't ask *my* opinion on the subject), there are some areas where we
could use a lot of improvement.  Among these, our medical system is
generally devoid of compassion for sick people, being structured more around
earning money and avoiding lawsuits.

Peace,
Sarah,
who is largely sympathetic to Kavorkian's cause

PS Isaac, physician assisted suicide for the terminally ill isn't just
"frowned upon."  It's illegal.  Dr. Kavorkian engages in civil disobediance
against this law, with the goal of keeping this issue before the public eye
and ultimately seeing doctor-assisted suicide legalized.