baldwin block

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:44:19 -0500

Thanks Dale,

.272 is what I used with Delignit. Il falconwood the same as Delignit?

Finally, I did test some pins today and I will be using # 3 without reaming.
It seems that pin removal in falconwood block has to be done slower than a
maple block otherwise the holes get burnished and glazed.

Thanks to all who answered.

Marcel Carey
  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Erwinspiano@aol.com
  Sent: 29 janvier, 2004 15:52
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Re: baldwin block

  In a message dated 1/28/2004 2:32:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mcpiano@globetrotter.net writes:
    How many thousands smaller than the pins were the original Baldwin
    block drilled?

    This is the answer I need.

    Thanks

    Marcel Carey
    Accordeur Technicien
    2852 Dussault
    Rock Forest  QC  J1N 2V6
    (819) 564-0447
    mcpiano@globetrotter.net

  Marcel-   If I recall correctly the dril bit used for falconwood is a
.272 for a no 2 pin.
    Dale