Kavorkian who?/Sarah

Sarah Fox sarah@gendernet.org
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:31:03 -0500

Hi Joe,

> Sarah said: ".  Dr. Kavorkian engages in civil disobediance
> against this law, with the goal of keeping this issue before the public
eye
> and ultimately seeing doctor-assisted suicide legalized."
>
> Sarah,
> It already is, in Oregon. That is, IF the Feds will mind their own damned
> business!<G>

... an amazingly progressive state in many ways!  :-)  Let's hope the feds
don't screw it up for you.  It's funny how the elelphant people (I didn't
use the "R" word) preach the virtues of "States' Rights" but are so quick to
take those states' rights away when they don't fit the pachyderm agenda.
Just look at the elephant stampede that was incited by a few states trying
to give gay and lesbian folks the right to marry and/or form domestic
partnerships and/or just protect their legal interests!  Wow!  Now we're
talking about the iron fist of a Constitutional amendment!  Let's face it,
doctor-assisted suicide is a rather liberal/progressive concept in this
land.  I bet if a state or two were to try to follow Oregon's lead, we'd be
looking at yet another Constitutional amendment.  It's good that y'all
sneaked that law in during the equine watch.

Peace,
Sarah,
who can't stop frothing at the keyboard (sorry!)