Fw: AWG vs. Music Wire Size

Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:14:32 -0000

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Michael Gamble=20
To: Pianotech=20
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: AWG vs. Music Wire Size

Hello List & Julia
Disregard those conflicting sizes and just stick to the best piano wire. =
I refer to Roslau Blue (unplated) and Roslau Red (plated). S&S and many =
other major manufacturers use it. So do I (blue) If you're going to =
string up a whole lot of pianos that's one thing. But if you're going to =
simply have a stock of piano wire for the occasional re-string or string =
replacement just stick to the best and you can't go wrong. Once you have =
a full stock of something you won't want to change.
My tuppence worth
Michael G (UK) T.G.I.F.