greeting from Oz ?

Robin Stevens mmrr6596@bigpond.net.au
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:13:21 +1030 (Cen. Australia Daylight Time)

 Barry...Australia is on a steep downward curve with new tuners being
trained.=0D
=0D
I would strongly suggest that you get involved with your (much loved and
trusted technician) firstly, telling him that you are seriously wanting t=
learn the trade, and for him to tell you sources of materials in Australi=
a.
Lou Parke is about the only material supply house we have here in Oz.=0D
 =0D
http://www.parkepianostrings.com.au/cat.php=0D
=0D
You give no clues as to what State you live in. But all of the States are
facing a serious decline of new comers to the trade. =0D
=0D
Unlike the USA their is no *Randy Potter* courses as such, so it is a har=
road to row. But I would recommend that you get involved with the states
Guild you live in. And, seriously consider attending our Bi-annual
convention in South Australia 22-25 July 2004 at the Mercure Grosvenor
Adelaide. Here you will be welcomed with open arms from what ever state y=
ou
belong to, and, IF "YOU ARE SERIOUS" you will be pointed in the right
direction.=0D
=0D
The past history of our trade is littered with "music teachers* who want =
augment their teaching income with a quick buck by tuning their students
pianos! =0D
=0D
If you would like more information contact me privately at the below addr=
ess
=0D
=0D
Regards =0D
 Robin Stevens=0D
Convener "INTUNE SA 2004"=0D
22-25 July 2004 Mercure Grosvenor Adelaide SA=0D
08 8633 0533 mmrr6596@bigpond.net.au=0D
=0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
 =0D