WD40

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:09:01 -0500

>It's amazing to me that no one has mentioned what the letters
>WD stand for. It's Water Displacement, as in when your
>carburetor floods out! Otherwise, IMHO, WD-40 has no place
>within 10 miles of a piano! JHHO & flame suit on!
>
>Avery

Well, OK, but I'd prefer 20 miles. About the second year I was in business,
I did a service call for a dealer - a year old Yamaha with sticking keys.
The guy was right. Those keys would have stuck to just about anything. The
guy who did the dealer's tunings on new pianos had hosed, sorry, HOSED down
the interior of the piano (bass strings and all) to "fix" a squeaking
damper. Turned out, it was a damper lift rod hanger, and it still squeaked,
but the rest of the piano was a throw away. He should have just dipped it.
The piano would still have been turned into a big patio candle, but at
least he might have killed the squeak in the process.

Folks, this stuff isn't even a lubricant, much less a lubricant suited for
use in a piano. It's all in the archives, in gory detail.

.sgurd ot on yas tsuJ

Ron N