WD40 now Liquid wrench

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 08:28:39 -0700

D.L. Bullock said: "I have not used WD40 in past but I would in the case of
a flooded piano.  If
you find a piano sitting in a foot of water spray the wet area with it and
the water will run out.  A day or two later would be too late"
NOT!
IMHO, WD40 and especially Liquid Wrench are no-no's. For the above
situation, I have used LPS-1, with good success. It doesn't stick around
after it's done it's job. I also use it to lube pressure bar/under felt
situations, as well. Check it out. I've posted about LPS-1 before.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I