jack springs in drop action

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 04:58:29 -0400

On Jun 4, 2004, at 4:09 AM, Dave Nereson wrote:

>     If it's only six, reach in with a hemostat, yank 'em out and put
> new
> ones.

Am I the only one who recalls Jim Harvey's Rule of Sixes, to whit, that
if a half dozen of a set of piano components is failing, that's a clear
indicator that further trouble is just past the horizon.
Statistics fans, that's 6.8% of a set failing (and my vague vague
recollection from my sole stat class 30 years ago is that's hovering
around a typical standard deviation threshold).

Patrick