HT, Ron Koval and Owen Jorgensen, longish

ANRPiano@aol.com ANRPiano@aol.com
Sat, 5 Jun 2004 13:11:12 EDT

In a message dated 6/5/2004 11:36:16 AM Central Daylight Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

Please explain how you define "perfect  pitch".

Terry,

What an astute question.  It has been my experience the ability to  remember
pitch AKA (badly) "perfect pitch" falls into a wide spectrum.  It  can range
from individuals who are able to detect variations as small as a  hertz, to
some as large as 50 hertz, and some are even instrument  sensitive.  There is
nothing perfect about any of it, depending on its  strength it can be a powerful
tool or a great handicap, depending on  accompanying skills it can make the
world your oyster or leave you so confused  as to view it as a curse.

All that aside, I view it as the ability to identify, with a high  degree of
accuracy, a pitch, and be able to determine if it is sharp or flat  from
"standard" what ever that may be.  With HT we certainly create even  more vagueness
surrounding this subject.

Andrew  Remillard
2417 Maple Ave
Downers Grove, IL  60515