Musicasorb

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Sat, 5 Jun 2004 15:47:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

If you look at their graph they are claiming a range
of  30 to 65% up and down over a period of 4 days.
Pianos do tend to lag behind what is happening out
side them--particularly the larger wooden structures.

My "seat of the pants" studies show a variation of 4
cents at A4 for each 5% change in humidity, provided
the instrument is all at the new humidity setting. If
the Musicsorb does 30 to 65 and the piano doesn't lag
behind then the usefulness would be very limited.

I'd save my pennies towards a DC unit personally.

At 01:54 PM 05/06/2004 -0700, you wrote:
> In the May issue of the PTJ, (bottom of page 39),
there's an ad for "Music
>sorb", which is used for humidity control. Has anyone
used this product? I
>checked out the website and it looks like an
interesting alternative to
>"Dampp-chaser". It uses no heat or electricity, and
supposedly works by
>both absorbing and releasing moisture to keep the RH
in the "safety zone".
> The website is: http://musicsorb.com/  is
"techpage", and the password is:
>"Piano"
>
>Terry Peterson
> Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer
virus scan from McAfeeŽ
>Security.

=====
Regards,