Rib Function

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:33:41 EDT

In a message dated 6/8/2004 5:51:47 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

But I guess here is how soundboard crown is maintained: "Rib ends are
hand-fitted into their mounting surfaces virtually locking in the important
soundboard crown." I suppose a "mounting surface" is the notch? And this somehow "locks
in" crown? Are they suggesting that the bottom of the notches are angled
upward toward the bridge and the rib is glued to this perfectly fitted angled
notch so that the rib forms a curvature? Is that what's going on here?

Terry Farrell
    Terry
    Yes
     Dale