Welmar pianos

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 17:42:43 -0400

Hi Mick,

Thanks for the reply! I didn't want to make a conclusion about piano
quality based on only one I've seen.

I was surprised to see agraffes all the way up to the middle of the
second-to-last octave. The action felt very nice, and the person who
re-built it appeared to do a nice job. However, I wasn't overly
impressed with the sound. It had an unusual ring/buzz sound on most
non-bass strings, no duplex scale and the bass notes had a clean tone
but weren't as full as I would have expected.

I was practising on one while I visited relatives in London.

- John