Heintzman Grands of recent production

Dave Davis davistunes@yahoo.com
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 23:18:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jim,

I have a 1914 5'4" Heintzman that will be
re-whatevered later this summer.

Also, I tuned a 30-year old Heintzman console just
yesterday. The lady bought it new in Saskatchewan, had
it tuned about 20 years ago in Vancouver, BC, and
again now that it's been moved here to the states.
It must hold a tuning as well as some of the Wurlitzer
spinets that get a tuning every 20 years or so <grin>.

The Heintzman's I've seen that are Canadian built are
quality pianos.

Dave Davis
Renton, WA

Jim Kinnear wrote:
HI
As a Canadian, I am proud of the quality and heritage
of the Heintzman
& Co
pianos.
As a musician, I am happy to own a transposing
Heintzman, 1903 . .
beautiful to play.
As a tuner, the projecting agraffe bridge makes it a
pain to tune.

It's too bad when a grand old name is slapped on a
wannabe from asia .
.
Kind of like a Steinway by Y-C . . .
Are there many original Heintzmans floating around the
States . .??

Jim Kinnear
Collingwood, Canada