hammer quality

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4@earthlink.net
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 07:30:02 -0500

Mike
The set I used were ordered from Pianotek, along with some other items.
So, they could tell you what they stock.

Paul C
  Subject: RE: hammer quality

  Paul,

  Which of the 3 available hammer felts (Bacon, VFG, or Wurzen) did you use?

  thanks,

  Mike

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Paul Chick \(Earthlink\)
    To: Pianotech
    Sent: 6/9/2004 8:36:49 AM

        Greetings,

                       I would like to replace an old upright Becker
Brother's hammers. What are the best hammers for old turn of the century
pianos? What hammers have the best quality?

        Thank you
        Julia,
        Reading, PA
       Julia
      I  recently  installed a set of Ronsen hammers in a 1902 Smith and
Barnes upright.  The customers are thrilled with the warm rich tone they
consider to be "authentic."   A small amount of hammer hardener was needed
in the 6th and 7th octave to brighten them.  The rest of the hammers
required no additional voicing.
      Paul Chick, Sr