Overs' I-rib sound board - first info

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 23:54:25 +1000

Hello fellow Pianotech list subscribers,

Well they've been a long time coming, but finally I've got some
images and accompanying text page uploaded to our site with
preliminary info' on our new I-rib sound board design.

The first web page on the new sound board can be found at;

http://overspianos.com.au/iribbd1.html

(This web page is not yet find-able through the site index)

Quite a number of additional images are already scanned and converted
to jpeg format, but I've got to write the notes and lay out the pages
yet. We're getting some most encouraging feedback from the two most
recently completed 225 Overs pianos, both of which have I-rib sound
boards. A quality commercial recording will be made using piano no. 5
in the not-too-distant future. This recording eventually will be
available for purchase from a major distributor. I'll get sample
sound files onto the website once they become available.

I would like to digress back to the 'Two-String per-note Piano' topic
before closing. I notice that a number of you mentioned some of the
more undesirable examples of pianos with bi-chord strung trebles.
However, while I agree that there are some disastrous examples out
there, I still believe that the idea has great potential. The problem
with some of the nasty examples mentioned was that bi-chord treble
stringing was adopted more often to make a poorly conceived and
constructed instrument even cheaper to manufacture. However, if one
were seriously to pursue the idea of building a quality entry level
upright piano with bi-chord stringing, I feel sure that the concept
would be very successful indeed. I agree with Roger Jolly that some
of the spin-doctor salesmen would have a field day. But ultimately
once all the dust and hype settles, ideas of worth will be seen for
what they are, and the 'sows-ears' finally will be discarded (I hope).

Best,
Ron O.

PS
I haven't run the html code over a spell checker yet, so should any
typos be discovered, I should be grateful to receive advice of any
errors.

Should anyone have difficulty seeing the images, please let me know.
This is the first page I've loaded where the images were linked
across to my primary website space from a second web space, just
acquired via cable subscription. It seems to work fine with Explorer
5.2 on my Powerbook. Thanks.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers