Electronic pitch source

Dave Nereson davner@kaosol.net
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 01:36:33 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "David West" <dwestpiano@msn.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 6:40 PM
Subject: Electronic pitch source

Hi folks,
Is there many of you that use an electronic pitch source vs. tuning fork?
If so, any recommendations?  Or is it best to stay with the tried and true
fork?

Thanks in advance
David West
Roscoe IL.
Madison Wi. Chapter

    Any decent ETA/ETD (Electronic Tuning Aid/Device) will have something
that "listens to" and verifies A=440.  Whether or not it will "play" the
pitch through a speaker varies with different devices.  I can't see carrying
around a separate electronic unit that "plays" an A (or a C) for me, though,
especially if it's bulky and/or has a battery I gotta recharge every so
often.  I still carry a fork even tho' I use an ETD, just in case its
battery goes dead or the thing conks out for some other reason.  --David
Nereson, RPT