pitch stability

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 07:17:31 -0400

> It remains to be seen if I should increase the wattage on the unit. It has
> a belly of 38 watts and a tail of 25 watts.

I presume you are referring to dehumidifier rods?

My piano (Boston GP-178) at home has 190 Watts of rods underneath it. I find
that at times of high humidity in the home - say 75% RH - the unit still
runs 80% or so of the time.

A good idea for testing the dehumidifier function is to plug an old-style
electric analog clock into the humidistat during a period of something close
to the highest humidity commonly occurring in the piano's environment. Then
you can monitor quite accurately what percent of the time it is on.

Terry Farrell

P.S.  Boston GP-178 satin ebony, as fabulous as these pianos get, FOR SALE!