Tuning styles with octaves

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 18:33:48 -0400

Hi Terry,

That's interesting, thanks for that. The technician I studied with
actually didn't go into explanations of such things that I can recall,
just said what to listen for and how to tune it.

I have to say though, much of my tuning inspiration has come from
tuners on various recordings. Such as Rubenstein's 1967 recording of
Chopin's Nocturnes - fabulous tuning, excellent sound to the recording
as well. I have a debate with myself about whether that or the Werner
Haas Debussy recordings for Phillips are my favourite.

- John