More on Sticky ebony keytops

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Sun, 13 Jun 2004 00:14:50 -0400

Hi,

I have managed to sand the keys to remove the finish (400 grain
aluminium sand paper is fabulous). They are nice and smooth. I have a
couple of questions:

- How long do I rub the synthetic steel wool to achieve the desired
finish?

- I rubbed a damp paper towel on the keys to clean them and I
continuously get some dirt/dust/whatever from the keys. It is endless.
Do I just keep rubbing hoping it eventually cleans, or is there a
better way?

Thanks!

- John