Leonard Baby Gr Action Removal

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Sun, 13 Jun 2004 12:50:44 -0500

I have also seen one where the piece of wood (stringer?) above the =
fallboard had to be removed before the fallboard came off.=20
=20
Dean
=20
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On =
Behalf Of Richard Day
Sent: Sunday, June 13, 2004 10:24 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Leonard Baby Gr Action Removal
=20
Funny after 20 years in the business I have never run into this
=20
Cannot figure out how to remove the action from a Leonard Babyrand about =
(4.5 ft)
=20
Key slip comes off as usual.  Cheek blocks have a screw in the front of =
each one at a downward angle that screws into the keybed.  When you =
remove the screws the cheek blocks are loose but cannot be removed =
because thy are blocked by the fall board.  The fall board seems to be =
attached to the sides of the piano and no obvious way to remove it.=20
=20
Any body else had one of the beasts apart?
=20
Dick Day
Marshall MI