pitch stability

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 13 Jun 2004 14:46:53 -0400

You got it!   ....... or at least after I fix that set of pulley keys - and
rebuild the hammer rail!

This piano was used by three brothers who all took piano lessons for many
years and practiced a lot. Their mother said that the piano was played up to
8 hours per day with loud aggressive classical pieces. The key center-pin
holes are trashed. You should see the hammer butts (I'll bring a couple to
Nashville) - the ones in the mid-octaves have the leather and felt
completely worn away (many of them just have the leather dangling down) -
the jacks were banging on the wooden hammer butts! This was truly the
most-worn action I have ever seen.

I'd like to get that M&H finished and put it next to the Boston (which is
indeed a very fine piano - and for sale!) and listen to them both. I'm quite
sure I would prefer the upright (even thought the Boston is a very fine
piano - and for sale!).

Terry Farrell

> >P.S.  Boston GP-178 satin ebony, as fabulous as these pianos get, FOR
SALE!