Bridge over troubled waters

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:41:59 EDT

  List.
    Although i don not do this job frequently occasionally I find it
advantageous to pull bridge pins in an existing bridge,renotch & then put in new pins.
However as many of you may know from doing this that most recently the
current copper supply of bridge pins are just slightly smaller than the most
originals which obviously does not help with getting a tight fit.
   I noticed in the Pianotek cat. they have a listing for knickel plated pins
that are slightly larger than the copper plated ones. SO I ordered with the
intent to use these next time. & hopefully the fit will be just enough tighter
that no epoxy or any other foreign substance will need to be used in the holes.
  It sounds promising. Any one else do this yet.
  Also if one like this color of pin plating it would make a nice looking
bridge
   Dale

Erwins Pianos Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.