Tuning styles with octaves

Andrew & Rebeca Anderson anrebe@zianet.com
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 18:56:03 -0600

Well, that is a very good point.  Basically as the speaking length of the
string gets shorter you end up trying to center the aural "mud" around
where the fundamental should be.
When tuning little pianos this becomes more of a debatable taste/art.  I
can think of a console I tuned that had some zinging higher partials that
stood out like a sore thumb, taming them left me with a galloping lower
partial combo--mud.  This probably is something that might benefit from
some judicious, read that "more experienced", voicing.  Comments?

Andrew