Weak pin block

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:25:18 -0600

Adjustable hammer shank repair clamps?
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Ilvedson=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 12:07 PM
  Subject: Re: Weak pin block

  And we're still trying to find a use for them...I use CA glue =
exclusively for a loose pin.=20

  David I.

  From: John Ross <jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca>
  To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>

  Hi Julia,
  When I used to shim a pin, with sand paper, I used to make a tube of =
the sandpaper, and slip it in the hole, grit side to the wood.
  This is the first time I have heard of grit side to the pin.
  If I do it now,because, I don't have an oversize pin, I will =
frequently use a bit of veneer.
  One thing NOT to do is use these metal tuning pin bushings, that are =
sold by the supply houses. I still have them left from 1975, when I =
didn't know better, and bought some.
  Regards,
  John M. Ross
  Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada