Petrof keyslip

Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:53:22 -0500

At 11:15 6/16/2004 -0700, you wrote:

>Efficient?  Probably not, but if the keyslip really doesn't come loose
>then I'd pull keys/keyframe and use a plane to remove keyslip
>material.   Since it isn't budging it should plane well...careful of the
>high gloss finish at the top of the keyslip.   Keep the plane low...
>

>David Ilvedson

but...,  but...,  isn't the top of the keyslip _exactly_ where material has
to be removed??

A sanding block wouldn't run the risk of chipping the finished edge -
perhaps after planing to just below the top edge and then only having to
remove a ridge left at the top?

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- American Curmudgeon Society - Apprentice Member and Founder