Yamaha flange cord repair, time estimate for rookies

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:50:53 EDT

Hi all,

As someone who had never removed and replaced the cords on Yamaha hammer
flanges, I thought I'd give you a brief report.

It has taken 3 hours so far.   I wasn't in my shop, so some of that time was
spent hunting for tools, supplies, etc.  The old cords were so wasted, they
basically crumbled and I had to dig them out of the slots.  I have less than an
hour left to complete the job.

I can easily see cutting an hour or an hour and a half off of this procedure
in the future, now that I've practiced the drill 88 times<G>.

Mr. Garrett, you might want to factor this into your "G Piano Works" labor
guide.  Give it three hours for a safe estimate, somewhere between rookie and
master.

Dave Stahl