Expanding YC action bracket symptoms??

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 05:09:55 -0400

And if the brackets are expanding and you simply regulate, next time the =
action may not come out of the action cavity! The drop screws will move =
to a position where they will not clear the pinblock. And then the last =
phase is where the brackets simply implode as they push up into the =
pinblock where the action rests. Messy.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Tom Driscoll=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2004 1:55 AM
  Subject: RE: Expanding YC action bracket symptoms??

  Subject: Expanding YC action bracket symptoms??

  Hi List,=20

  <SNIP>=20

  What measurements can I take to determine if it is indeed swollen =
brackets?  After checking a few sample notes, I've come to the =
conclusion that the piano can be regulated, but I want to be sure it =
isn't something more egregious before I spend many hours on the piano.=20

  Any input would be helpful!  Thanks in advance.=20

  Dave Stahl

             =20

              Dave,

              One clue is that the let off dowels will be turned down so =
low as to be loose and/ or practically falling off the screw.

  Even if regulation is possible now, the brackets will keep moving =
until adjustment will no longer be possible

              Tom Driscoll