Piano recital long-distance at 1:45 AM

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 06:15:52 -0400

My guess is that he thought he was calling a business and that no one =
would be there to pick up the phone - he may have not wanted to talk to =
you either. Maybe because he figured you would cut him off right at the =
get-go (experience?) - even though he is "Damn Good". Now why he would =
give a recorded phone audition from NC to someone in Las Vegas, you got =
me. Maybe he wants to work on the Las Vegas strip? Maybe he just simply =
had too much to drink. Hey, its better than getting the "snapping =
rottweiler stuck in the piano" call!

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Rob Goodale=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2004 11:21 PM
  Subject: Piano recital long-distance at 1:45 AM

  I got the most bizzare phone call this morning.  I was totaly asleep, =
1:45 AM local time, (Las Vegas).  I am awakened by the phone ringing and =
I wander down the hall to the answering machine to see who could =
possibly be calling at that hour.  After the record tone there is piano =
music.  Good piano music mind you, but not good at 1:45 AM.   I'm muling =
in my head what local technician could be playing this cruel joke, (We =
just had a PTG meeting).  When the music stops it is not at all what I =
would have guessed.

  Some guy I have never heard of comes on and talks about what a great =
piano player he is and that he is looking for a job.  He says he lives =
in North Carolina, (It would be 4:45 AM there), and is literally =
auditioning over the phone.  I had no desire to talk to the guy so I =
didn't pick up the phone.  He continues on to say that he is "Damn Good" =
and that if anyone is looking for a piano player to please give him a =
call.  "Even if the answer is no please call me".  At that point I =
almost picked it up to tell him where to stick his piano but I was =
really too tired to get into it.  A few thoughts:  What idiot would call =
at 1:45 AM, audition over the phone thinking I would care, and then =
actualy think that I would now be willing to help him get a job 3,500 =
miles away?

  His name is Bill Ansel of Cary, NC. Anyone ever hear of this guy?  =
Anyone else get a call like this?

  Rob Goodale, RPT
  Las Vegas NV