Dampp-Chaser recommendations

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 11:03:09 -0400

On Jun 20, 2004, at 9:32 AM, Dean May wrote:

>  The one bottom cover I've seen installed by someone else
> was falling off. Seems like the sticky Velcro pads were coming off the
> cover. I suggested to the church having someone stitch them on. They
> elected
> to throw the cover away.

Unfortunately that was one part of the product development that wasn't
initially completely tested & well thought through. Others on the list
(and in the Journal, and mailings from DC) have offered the suggestion
to add a staple through the velcro after the installation is done. This
works very well -- and is necessary. I agree with Clyde that aching
arms, back, and neck can be a byproduct of DC installations. All the
more reason to find the time to make time to get to the gym on a
regular basis, or some other regime to keep limber (yoga, tai chi,
etc). I know it's "the right thing to do" ... but here I sit in front
of my iMac, instead of cycling some miles away ...

Patrick