Dampp-Chaser recommendations

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 09:15:21

Hi,

When installing the bottom cover I use an ordinary paper stapler and put 4
staples on each of the velcro tabs on the fabric side. The ones on the
piano I secure with a single staple from a gun designed to be used with
wood. Since I did this no covers have become detached. I have thought about
getting one of the small portable "hand held" sewing machines instead of
using staples.

Has anyone used one of these small battery operated sewing machines? If so,
would it be "up to the job" of sewing on the velcro tabs?

At 08:32 AM 20/06/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>>>My four hangups are:  (1)  Can it be installed to look professional?
>

>Ditto. I've never installed an undercover, either. But I have installed
>several top covers. The one bottom cover I've seen installed by someone else
>was falling off. Seems like the sticky Velcro pads were coming off the
>cover. I suggested to the church having someone stitch them on. They elected
>to throw the cover away.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/